Technical Product Manager
LOCATION: TORONTO, Canada
Flight Network is looking for an exceptional Technical Product Manager to join our team.
In this role, you will use your GDS expertise and knowledge of the e-commerce and travel industry to help FlightNetwork continue to grow as a global leader in customer experience for travelers.
You will lead the end-to-end on-boarding of new content suppliers. You will work with our Business Development Manager to implement accurate reporting, manage the performance of suppliers, provide input on contract negotiations, manage the performance of our proprietary booking engine and ensure that our customer experience is world-class. You will also provide expert help in supporting our other in-house systems and play a key role in systems design and implementation.
- • Support clients with integrating our content API’s
- • Manage the ongoing performance and optimization of our proprietary booking engine including management of search volume, response times, etc.
- • Measure content and feature success metrics post delivery and feed learning back to the team and the business
- • Manage various supplier and vendor costs
- • Lead certification processes with 3rd parties
- • Coordinate with Marketing peers to ensure strategy alignment and manage product roadmap dependencies
- • Collaborate with our Marketing team to create compelling product experiences for our customers as well as run tests to determine how to improve existing product
- • Gather detailed functional requirements from business stakeholders, collaborate with developers to identify feature details, document functional specifications, map transaction flows, and operational processes e.g. ticketing, analytics, finance, marketing and suppliers
- • Work with FlightNetwork’s development team and 3rd party technology partners to deliver new content and features
- • Use agile product delivery practices while working closely with software engineering and QA teams to build, test, release, and measure all product initiatives
- • Help drive longer term product strategies and roadmap by mapping new technology, customer segments, and travel trends and how they impact the business
- • Minimum of 10 years of experience within the travel industry; experience with flights and GDS expertise necessary
- • Experience with APIs and Web Services are very important
- • Must have experience / exposure to marketing technology
- • Experience in a software product management role preferred
- • Strong written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for presenting thoughts and ideas to senior internal and external stakeholders
- • Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties
- • BS degree in Computer Science, Business, Marketing, Engineering, or related preferred
- • Experience with Agile project management tools – JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- • Familiarity with relational database systems and data mining using SQL
- • Experience with Splunk preferred
- • Goal-oriented, detail-oriented, ambitious, and strong ability to follow-through on commitments